Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Say Cheese With Little Thumbs Up!

What's the best resemblance of smile? To me, it's cheese! You have the smile by just saying the word :)
Do you like cheese? I do! Almost all kinds! :)
Hence my choice of ingredient for this month's Little Thumbs Up (LTU) which I host


 
 
It is a brilliant idea initiated by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite D.I.Y.
It's a cooking and baking event where everybody is welcomed to participate. A different theme is chosen for every month, in particular is the ingredients used
You may view the details HERE


*Source: creeklic.com

A little sharing about cheese
(from my brief googling result LOL)

Basically, cheese is a food derived from milk that is produced in a wide range of flavors, textures, and forms by curding of the milk protein - casein
It comprises proteins and fat from milk, usually the milk of cows, buffalo, goats, or sheep.  During production, the milk is usually acidified, and adding the complex of enzymes causes curding. The solids are separated and pressed into final form. Some cheeses have molds on the rind or throughout. Most cheeses melt at cooking temperature
*Source: Wikipedia

 
 

So many types of cheese available all around the world
Texture and flavours are highly dependant on the milk used (from which animal)
Also the processing does matter. As well as additional flavouring agent used, such as herbs, spices, etc

I never knew there are so many types of cheeses!
Also I was not aware there are so many kinds of texture of cheese
There is this website called cheese.com where I found out about those facts. It's really informative!
It has information about types of cheeses by country, by milk used, by texture, and even cheeses for vegetarian. You can click on each type of cheese for more detailed info
There's tips to about storage and serving cheese, how to cut cheese, and even cheese and wine pairing




So, please join us! You may cook and/or bake any recipe with cheese as one of the ingredient
Do take note:

(1) Your post must be a current post within this month January 2014
(2) Don't forget to display the LTU badge or just include your thumbs up
(3) Please include this info in your post:

This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Alice from I Love.I Cook.I Bake

(4) Link with us at this post which opened starting from now all the way to 1 February


Let us all have a cheesy month this January :)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,

    Ha! I'm the first to post my cheesy LTU post!!! :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice, I have linked a cheese recipe from beginning of January :) Will try and link more. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alice! I will try my best to join this event because cheese is my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice,
    My first cheese post is up!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alice,
    My third link!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting this. I love cheese and use it in multiple dishes, each week. I will try to post some and link them here. I have to check out the other links. I bet I will find many to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alice,
    I've linked a Cheese Fougasse!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alice, I've linked my Tiramisu cookies.
    Thanks for hosting LTU.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alice,
    I'm sharing some ice cream today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had 1 more miss out! POOR.! COLLECTION CLOSED!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm familiar with that website as well! By the way, what's your favorite brand of cheese? Have you tried australian cheese brands in any of your recipes?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...