Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Spinach Macaroni Cheese (Donna Hay)

I always know Donna Hay but never try even one of her recipe
This is my second recipe of hers that I made and the more I browsed her site, the more recipes I want to try! :) I have to thank Zoe whom hosting Cook Like A Star with Donna Hay as the featured chef for this month
With my to do list from Donna Hay's site, adding with those made by other participating bloggers, I'm sure I'll still cook or bake using her recipe even after March is over :)

This time I chose baked spinach macaroni cheese, a change for the usual pasta recipes I cooked for my family



I modified the recipe to suit my family preferencem the original recipe is HERE

What you need:
400g macaroni
1/2 onion, julienned
1 chicken breast, diced
3 cups (750ml) milk
1 ½ cup (180g) grated cheddar cheese
1 ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
sea salt and black pepper
150g baby spinach leaves
1 cup (120g) mixture of grated cheddar and parmesan cheese, to sprinkle
a little cooking oil
  1. Preheat oven to 200ºC
  2. Cook the macaroni in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes approximately or until al dente. Drain, set aside
  3. Heat frying pan, pour a little oil and add in onion, cook til fragrant, add in chicken and cook til color changed
  4. Add the macaroni, milk, cheddar, mustard, salt, pepper and lastly spinach and mix to combine over medium fire
  5. Spoon into ovenproof dish, top with extra cheddar & parmesan cheese and bake for 10–15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown
I'm linking this to Cook Like A Star blog hop event featuring Donna Hay as the celebrity chef for the month of March





10 comments:

  1. when i was browsing and choosing recipes for this DH event, i also came to know a lot more of her cooking dishes and also the way she made it simple . Was also quite suprised that she got quite a number of asian inspired dishes. This macaroni looks creamy and i bet this is really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lena, thks! yes DH has many simple cooking, the way I like :)
      this mac and cheese is really yummy, especially if you like creamy pasta :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Alice! It's still cold here and I love this comfort food! My kids will definitely enjoy this even there is spinach in it. It's the best way to feed veggies in here. :-) This is my first time here. Thanks for visiting my blog so I could find yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Naomi, thks for dropping by :) yes, putting spinach here is a smart idea to feed those kids whom dont fancy vegetables :)

      Delete
  3. Wow another of DH's recipe that I should try.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Abbygail, yes u must try this, really yummy :)
      thks!

      Delete
  4. I always like eating spinach but it was tough for me to convince my two fussy eaters to eat spinach at home... Thankfully, DH is always good in creating beautiful dishes with these healthy ingredients and would love to try baking this spinach dish at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Zoe, thks! yes, so glad u come out with this event, i just found out DH has so many yummy creations :)

      Delete
  5. Wow this is one great comfort food! I think it's a great dish to hide vegetables in! I will definitely try it one day, cheesy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...