Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Garlic Buttered Prawns With Cherry Tomatoes (Master Chef)

I really love this dish! Just like Joyce mentioned, the taste indeed reminded me of Thai cuisine. Just add bean vermicelli and I would get the famous Thai style bean vermicelli salad :)

One thing is, this is not a dish for my kids, so I cooked this yesterday when my kids had their pasta :)




Recipe is from HERE

What you need:
I modified a little to suit what I had in my fridge

80g butter
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
500g prawns, peeled and deveined
1 large red chillies, finely chopped
10 honey cherry tomatoes, quartered
juice of 1 lime
a few stalks of spring onion (my family doesn't fancy coriander leaves)
  1. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium high heat til foamy
  2. Add in garlic, chilli, prawns, cook tossing for 2 minutes til almost cooked through
  3. Add in tomatoes, lime juice, and spring onion, cook tossing for 1 minute

Very refreshing dish, tangy and spicy, yum!



I'm submitting this post to Cook Like A Star September 2012 (Master Chef) hosted by Zoe

 


7 comments:

  1. Such yummy looking prawns..loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice, Yes, this is yummy! I think that this would be great over spaghetti too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this dish too, simple to prepare and very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, the prawns looks so good. I am so hungry now. You have a nice weekend. Happy Mid Autumn to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is a beautiful dish! i already got the impression that it is a very flavourful and appetising dish when i saw it in joyce's blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alice,

    Your kids can't take chillies too? We have the same problem too and have to cook a non-spicy version of something if my husband and I wish to eat some spicy food... *sign*

    I'm allergy to prawns... hope that this recipe will work well with fish.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...