Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Stir Fry Korean Ramyun Noodles

I am back again, first post of the month, still Korean food LOL
I guess after this post I shall take a break from anything Korean before people start to think this is a Korean food blog haha..
Anyway, you will not regret trying this dish. Beware, it's in fact so addictive that as of now, I have made this dish three times!
It's basically instant noodles - the improved version. Oh so yummy! Thanks Sharon of Delishar for the wonderful idea! So simple but so delicious!


 
 
What you need:
 
1 packet instant Korean noodles (I used Nongshim spicy shin ramyun) with the seasoning and dehydrate toppings
1 tbsp ketchup
1/3 cup kimchi with the juices, chopped (I used my homemade emergency kimchi)
1 chicken fillet, cut into small pieces (I skipped)
1 clove of garlic
a little cooking oil
some water to boil the noodle
salt and pepper to taste
 
Garnish:
1 egg, make sunny side up or poached
roasted sesame seeds
chopped spring onion (I skipped)
 
Method:
  1. If using chicken, season it with salt and pepper
  2. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook noodle and the dehydrate topping slightly undercooked, drain and set aside (you wouldn't want to eat this dish with soggy overcooked noodles LOL)
  3. In a pan, heat oil and add in chicken, stir til cooked and add in garlic followed by kimchi, stir for awhile
  4. Add in noodles and also ketchup and the seasoning pack, stir well
  5. If it's too dry, add in a little water (I added very little water)
  6. Mix well, remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate
  7. Top with sunny side up and sprinkle with sesame seeds
 
I love the texture of the noodles, springy with a slight chewiness
 


Taste heavenly!
 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...