Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Oaty Peanut Butter Energy Bars

A lot of energy bars sold out there. Snack that gives an impression as a healthier alternative
Well, I read many articles that they are actually not. Most are apparently are loaded with sugar, flavouring, preservatives and many other chemicals that the names I can't pronounce haha..
I am not into this kind of snack but I like to eat them too occasionally
After knowing the facts, I guess it's better to make my own at home whenever the craving sets in
As delicious, eaten with less worry :)
This is one recipe I have tried, and I like it :)


 
 
 
What you need:
 
115g creamy peanut butter
120g raw honey (original recipe was 170g but I found it too sweet)
80g rolled oats
1 tbsp chia seeds (original recipe used mixed seeds, can replace with mixed nuts and/or dried fruits)
 
Method:
  1. Over low heat in a pan, warm up peanut butter. When it's warm, add in honey and remove from heat
  2. Mix both til well incorporated
  3. Add in oats and mix well, followed by the seeds
  4. Transfer into a square tin or pan and press it down to make it evenly spread
  5. Chill in the refrigerate for about an hour and cut into 6 bars
 
Note:
Consume in moderation because peanut butter is high in fat, even though it's mainly the good fats in it haha.. and honey is high in sugar too, even though it's a better choice for sweetener
I usually limit this snack to 1 bar a day. The remaining can be kept well in the fridge
 

 
 
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and hosted by Joyce from Joy 'N' Escapade at this post
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, thanks for linking up. I'd love a few of these bars for breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The step and the recipe are easy to follow. Only the sugar and fat contents in the ingredient will stop me from trying. Thanks for sharing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I specifically wrote in the post above to limit the intake

      Delete
  3. Hi Alice,

    Great bars! Must eat this before my workout so that I can run like a roadrunner :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice info! Will try to make my own energy bars. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...