Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Microwave Milo Mug Cake - 2 Recipes

I always love easy recipes, and fast, and delicious. Mug cake is one of them. Hence my interest when I found this 3 minutes milo mug cake

Believe it or not, I failed in my first try! I was so pissed I threw that recipe aside and started looking for another. So I found one and I made it the next day, and it turned out well
But I was still curious about the first recipe so I gave that another try, on the very same day, and guess what, it turned out well, too, and it's in fact, better than the other recipe haha..

When I read both recipes, it's in fact very clearly shown which one will gives better result
And when I gave a thought again what actually caused me to fail, it's either because of the gluten free flour I used, or because of me opening the microwave door to check every single minute during baking, or both are the culprit!

Anyway, I am now sharing both recipes. You may choose according to your preference

First recipe is from The Open Oven
This gives a pretty soft cake when eaten warm from the microwave, but it's dense when cool and rather chewy. It will turn soft again when warmed up



 
 
What you need:
(1 serving)
 
1 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp milo powder
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp self raising flour (original recipe used plain flour)
1/2 part of 1 lightly beaten egg
tiny pinch of salt
 
Method:
  1. When the melted butter is still hot, mix in milo and sugar, stir well til no lumps
  2. Add in egg, salt and flour, mix well
  3. Microwave for 1 1/2 min (600w). When the skewer comes out clean, it's ready
 
Sprinkle with more Milo powder makes the cake even more milo-ey, if there's such word LOL
 
 
 
The second recipe is actually the first recipe I tried and failed. Second try was a success and personally I prefer this recipe. It is from HERE


 
 
What you need:
(1 serving for a large mug)
 
4 tbsp milo powder
3 tbsp sugar (original recipe used 4tbsp)
4 tbsp self raising flour
4 tbsp oil (I used rice bran)
4 tbsp fresh milk
1 egg
 
Method:
Put all ingredients in the above order in a large mug. Stir well and microwave for 4mins (600w). It's done when skewer comes out clean
 
 
Here I made just half of the above recipe using 240ml size ramekin
 


This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (September 2015: Milo) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY

15 comments:

  1. Sound simple, but it looks so fluffy and good. I must try, thanks Alice .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    These quick and easy milo cakes are fantastic! I wonder why it didn't work during your first try too... ai ya better don't think too much... just enjoy :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what other things can we use other than milo ??? is bournvita , horlics or complan alroght

      Delete
  3. Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I double the quantity to make a larger cake, should I double the microwaving time too? Please advise. Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, yes, the time should be increased but I wont be able to tell u the detail as I never try that before :)

      Delete
  5. Just made the second one. Love it. I put some ice cream with it and my gosh it tastes amazing. Now wont ever have to wait long for a cake again. But my microwave is also 1000w and only took 3 minutes so that was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, can I bake this in the oven instead ? What oven temp and time might work ? Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes can. Depending on one's oven, can try 180degC for about 20mins and you can check

      Delete
  7. Hi, is it possible to split the second recipe into four smaller cups and if so do you have to adjust the cooking time?
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi yes the size of the cups used can be adjusted
      the cooking time will need some adjustment too
      deeper cup will usually need longer time :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Alice, ft half of the cake, did you still add one whole egg or???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes u need to halve the egg (so its about 30g egg -> half from a large egg) or you can use small egg too :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...