Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sticky Lemon Chicken (Gordon Ramsay)

Finger licking good chicken is one dish my family and I love
So when I see Gordon Ramsay has his own version, I gave it a go and everyone enjoyed it :)

Recipe is from HERE inspired by Karen from some flour, sugar n butter
Hers look so appetizing!


I just realized when I saw this picture I have put the lemon slice at the wrong side LOL

 
 
What you need:
(with slight modification from the original recipe)
 
600g chicken (I used 1 free range chicken and cut into parts)
salt and pepper
5 tbsp olive oil
10 cloves of garlic (or 1 head), cut into half for each clove
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves (I skipped cos I didn't have it)
3 tbsp dark soya sauce (I used kecap manis)
4 1/2 tbsp honey
1/2 lemon, sliced
200ml water
2 tbsp dried parsley (I used 1 tsp)
 
Method:
 
Heat heavy base pan with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper
Cook chicken in the pan for 5 mins, turning once for each piece
Add in garlic, soya sauce, honey. Stir well and make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated. Cook for 5 mins
Add in water, cover and cook for 20 mins. Open up the lid and lay lemon slices on top of the chicken. Cover and cook for another 10mins
Season chicken with parsley, cook for another 5 mins. Serve with rice, lots of it :)
 
Note:
***The modification I made mainly was to meet my family preference. They dislike any dish which is too lemony, hence the short cooking time of the lemon
***I used a lot more water and cook it longer in order to have more sticky sauce. We like slathering it over rice. Yum! :P
 

 
 
This post is linked to Cook like a Star organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Yen from Eat Your Heart Out and Mich from Piece of Cake
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alice, good morning! I see that the chicken in your dish of Sticky Lemon Chicken is so tender and appetizing. Yummy and finished to the last drop of the sauce ^-^! Thanks for mention and link back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    Just realise that you started blogging about the same time as me!!! Happy blog anniversary to you too!!! It has been a great pleasure to cook and bake along with you :D

    Interesting that you have used kecap manis to cook your sticky chicken. They look really nice and sticky!!! :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice,
    Such a delicious chicken dish! I would not mind getting my fingers dirty for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure looks finger licking good Alice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...