Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

AFF Philippines - Mami Chicken Noodle Soup

For the past two days, Singapore weather has been better with showers
I think it's about time after it's been super hot and humid for many days

It's the best to have something soupy during rainy days, isn't it?
Hence, this soup I cooked. It's simple, tasty and delicious. We all love it :)





Recipe is from HERE

What you need:
(with some modification)

For the soup base:
chicken carcass and 300g skinless chicken breast
7 cloves of garlic, peeled & lightly pounded
1 yellow onion, quartered
a bunch of spring onion, halved
water, salt, pepper, chicken stock powder

500g fresh egg noodles - cook as directed
some shredded cabbage
salt, pepper
fish sauce (patis)

For the garnish:
a bunch of spring onion, chopped
fried garlic
4 hard boiled eggs

Method:
  1. Prepare the broth by boiling the chicken in a large pot along with the onion, garlic, pepper and spring onion. Add water til it covers the chicken. Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for an hour. Discard the floating froth
  2. Remove the chicken and shred after it's cool. Keep the broth warm in the pot until it is ready to be served
  3. Blanch the shredded cabbage in the soup just before serving
  4. In a wide single serving bowl, put the cooked noodles, blanched cabbage, and shredded chicken. Pour the hot broth in the bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top it with the chopped spring onions, fried garlic and sliced boiled eggs. Drizzle with fish sauce if desired
Note:
  • I coated my cooked noodle with fish sauce & some garlic oil, so I didn't drizzle any fish sauce anymore into the soup
  • My kids love eating this soup with fried luncheon meat. I found it's a great idea :)



I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest – Philippines hosted by The Sweet Spot

2 comments:

  1. Ouuh..Alice..this is my kind of food. I remember back when I was working in jakarta, I had few Filipino friends and when we were tghtr in one's apt we cooked this food.. Just love this. Thx for sharing this. xoxo
    www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Citra, how r u? so long never see you blogging
      thks for dropping by
      this dish indeed is so good :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...