Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

AFF Hong Kong/Macau - Serradura (Macau Sawdust Pudding)

This is something new to me. This easy dessert is really delicious! Even my fussy Ian loves it. Perhaps because he loves Marie biscuit :)





Recipe is from Wendy from Table for 2... or more

What you need:

120g Marie biscuits
200g whipping cream 35% fat - cold
50g sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
  1. Crush marie biscuits til resembles fine crumbs (I used grinder)
  2. Beat cold whipping cream til stiff. Add in condensed milk and vanilla extract, beat just for a while to mix
  3. Place whipped cream in a piping bag
  4. Spoon some marie biscuits into a glass and level it using the back of a spoon
  5. Pipe whipped cream on top and gently level it
  6. Repeat the layers til it reaches the rim of the glass and level the top (my glass apparently too big I couldn't manage to reach the rim)
  7. Keep chilled

 
 
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest (Hong Kong/Macau) hosted by Annie from Annielicious Food

5 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and delicious! Love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've eaten serradura only once when I was in Macau a long time ago and I remember it was very delicious! Now I can make it again at home, thanks to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I never did try this while in Macau! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's indeed a pretty and easy to make dessert for dinner. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely dessert! Have not eaten Marie biscuit in years! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...