Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

THB #26 Raisins Oatmeal Cupcakes

The 26th bake for The Home Bakers - hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours, where we bake from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas





I did some adjustment for this cake, just to make it to something at least one of the family member can enjoy. That one family member is usually me LOL

I baked half recipe in cupcake pan - I got 7 cupcakes. Using buttermilk as one of the option besides low fat yoghurt, omitted dark molasses, replaced vanilla extract with dark rum, replaced whole-wheat flour with plain flour, replaced cranberries with golden raisins and lastly, omitted nuts (for this, by accident. I totally forgotten about it LOL)

I must say this cake is not bad. It's tasty, and can taste the crunch from the oatmeal, pretty fluffy and moist - thanks to the rum soaked golden raisins :)
Great to eat this cupcakes as breakfast with a cuppa :)

For full recipe, please view Kit from I-Lost in Austen, whom has chosen this cake


This post is for The Home Bakers hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours

 
 
Also I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up, an event initiated by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY  where the star ingredients used for this month of November is Oats, hosted by Vivian from Vivian Pang Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,
    Yes, this cake is not that bad, it actually tastes much better overnight. I ate most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I will add oatmeal into muffins/ cupcakes for my kids. They won't know something they dislike is hidding inside :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice,

    Nice that you can link this THB with LTU oat event too... Nice that you have used raisins in this bake. Ours with frozen cranberries are not as sweet as we are expecting...

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...