Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

KL Selangor Dry Chilli Pan Mee

I was so upset! I forgot to add in ikan bilis in the noodle!
And it's not only for the photography purpose, I was totally forgotten until the last portion of this yummy noodle! Aaaarrgghhh!
The best part is, I had ikan bilis ready to eat and I didn't even remember it :(

Well, what to do.. The next time I cook this noodle I surely won't forget
And actually, this noodle was already really enjoyable without the ikan bilis
With it added, it's definitely way much better, I can imagine!


The dried chilli paste is the star!


The poached egg is another star one can't miss!


Mix everything, and this super yummy noodles is waiting to be eaten!



Recipe is from Peng's Kitchen

What you need:


For the dried chilli paste:
30g dried chillis, soak til soft
2 fresh large red chillis, deseeded
2 medium sized onions, chopped
5 cloves garlic
30g dried shrimp, soak til soft
4 tbsp. vegetable oil

Method:
  1. Blend all ingredients in food processor til smooth. Heat oil in a pan (I used Happy Call pan) over low fire and stir fry the blended mix til dry (it took me 45 minutes)
  2. Watch the chilli paste, continue stirring to prevent burning
  3. Cool completely and store

For the minced meat: (modified a little)
500g minced pork, marinade with 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp wine, 1/2 tsp salt, a dash of pepper and 1 tsp cornflour
1 small onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark sweet soya sauce (kecap manis)
3/4 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste

Method:
  1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat, stir fry onion and garlic for a minute or two
  2. Add minced meat, stir fry til cooked
  3. Add oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and chicken stock into the pan. Continue simmering the sauce until reduced to your preference. Adjust taste with salt & pepper

I used store bought flat noodles for this time. Perhaps the next time I cook this dish I'll try to make homemade noodle :P

To serve :
Top each bowl of cooked noodle with minced meat sauce, dried chilli paste, fried anchovies, poached egg & spring onion. Toss well


This post is for Malaysian Food Fest KL Selangor Month hosted by Shannon of Just as Delish

5 comments:

  1. The sambal looks very very addictive indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have try this too. Love the chili paste !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the oozy yolk! Woah I think the sambal would have been really shiok with the noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, that look's great! Extra chillies for me please :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alice,
    Your dry chilli pan mee sure looks yummylicious to me!!
    Love to try this too!!
    mui


    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...