Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Slimmers' Scrambled Eggs (Delia Smith)

This month Cook Like A Star guest chef is Delia Smith
Confession: I never heard about her before LOL
Thanks Zoe for introducing her, I found many great recipes from her I guess one month won't be enough! :)

Let me start with a simple recipe to start my day - yummy breakfast
I love eggs, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner
But for a good breakfast, egg is a must for me
Sunny side up, hard boiled, soft boiled, poached, scrambled, omelette... name it, I love all, hence my interest in eggs recipes :)





Saw this in Joyce's site and I knew I had to try too
This omelette is easy to make and yes it's delicious!
I ate it this morning with a slice of toasted wholemeal bread

What you need:

2 large eggs, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper
1 tbsp fresh milk
1 heaped tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp snipped chives
milled black pepper

Method:
  1. Over low heat in a pan pour milk, whirl around the edges
  2. Add in eggs and with wooden spoon stir backwards and forwards through the liquid egg
  3. Keep scrambling til 3/4 of the egg is creamy and solid mass formed, and 1/4 is still liquid
  4. Add in cheese and chives, continue to scramble
  5. Remove from heat, continue to scramble til no liquid egg
  6. Seve immediately with milled egg and a toast or any other breakfast companion you prefer

 

I'm submitting this post to Cook Like A Star hosted by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Baby Sumo from Eat your heart out and Mich from Piece of Cake

Below are blogging friends cooking and baking for this event :)

9 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, so creamy. Perfect scrambled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is simple and satisfying. I'm a lover for egg, too but gotta restrict my intake due to cholesterol (T_T)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice,
    Yum! You are making me feel like eating this all over again! Yes, this is simple and delicious, I could eat it just as it is as a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect breakfast , simple and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alice,

    I don't know Delia Smith too prior this event. Glad that Yen introduced her to me. Then, I realised Delia is a classic celebrity cook in UK since the 80s...

    Your scrambled eggs looks wonderful. Love this oiless way to cook scrambled eggs. I think we might have a winner for the trend-setter... It might be Joyce :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always fry scramble eggs for my two girls as their breakfast. It is the easiest breakfast to whip up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alice,
    I love eggs.
    These Slimmers' scrambled sounds great for breakfast or light lunch.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the posts on these scrambled eggs are making me hungry! they look so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alice, thanks for joining us in this Delia Smith bloghop. Hehe yeah I think most ppl dont know Delia but she's really famous in the UK. This scrambled eggs recipe is quite popular in this bloghop, easy to make and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...