Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

THB #9 - Cinnamon Apple Walnut Torte

After baking this dessert (or pudding? or cake?) myself, I knew that I wouldn't bake this anymore. It's not too bad, but it's just not for me
I would still prefer the juicier classic apple crumble, I guess
I love the combination, apple - cinnamon - walnut, perfect, but I don't really fancy the end result
I tried with custard sauce and yoghurt, and I prefer the latter, but I did not mind to eat it plain

Still, more than half gone in less than an hour LOL


Below is served wiith custard sauce...


And this is with low fat plain yoghurt...



I planned to bake using my muffin pan but decided to use my 7" round pie mould instead, reduced the sugar content to 1/4 cup, used 2 granny smith apples and golden raisins
One good thing is, it is considered pretty healthy choice for snack or dessert :)

For full recipe, please hop over to Jasline of Food Is My Life

This post is for The Home Bakers hosted by Joyce
An event for baking enthusiasts using recipes from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas



5 comments:

  1. I m also a great fan of fruity crumbles. Havent tried this recipe yet. getting mixed reviews about this one. But I liked the fact that it is fatless and you can also convert this into a gluten free dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice, Sorry to hear that this dessert is not your cup of tea. At least you have given this a try! :)
    My family, on the other hand, love it! Perhaps it is most delicious when eaten with ice cream, but I could eat it as it is happily!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find it quite nice tho especially with ice cream, i put in almonds too and actually i find that i enjoyed eating the almonds more than the walnuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious is the word I use to describe yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alice, it was a very strange "cake" but very tasty I also lost track of how much I ate!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...