Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rich Chocolate Taart

Now, this is the second pie I baked today...



Somehow I couldn't get a single good picture of this taart - I thought I did but after uploaded all, these two pics above were the best amongst all haiz.....
One good reason (read: excuse) I can think of is cos I cut and took pics when the taart was still warm - perhaps the filling and topping was not really set yet - see if I can get a better shot tomorrow after I leave it overnight :)

Please do not judge the quality of the taste of this tart only by looking at my those poor pics
It is so rich and chocolatey and not overly sweet - all chocoholics' must try!

Recipe is from Hesti's site
This is the translated version...

What you need:

For the pie crust:
185g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
55g icing sugar
150g cold butter - roughly chopped
2 egg yolks
1 tsp cold water

For the filling:
4 egg yolks
2 eggs
55g caster sugar
80ml thick cream
300g dark chocolate - chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract

How to make the pie crust:
Mix plain flour, cocoa powder, sugar and butter - rub with fingers til well mixed
Add in egg yolks and water, mix well til dough is formed
Wrap in cling wrap and keep in the fridge for 30mins
Preheat oven to 180degC
Grease pie pan (I used 24cm pan)
Roll dough til big enough to be laid on the pan
Press the dough at bottom and sides of the pan til even, leave it in the fridge for another 30mins
Cover the top with aluminium foil and put pie weight on top
Bake in opened oven door for 15mins, take out pie weight and foil and bake in closed oven door for another 10mins, let cool

How to make the filling:
Beat egg yolks, eggs and sugar til thick and creamy
Add in cream, melted chocolate and vanilla extract - mix well

Pour filling on the pie crust, bake for 30mins til filling is set
Let cool, and spread with chocolate icing (or you may pour with chocolate ganache) -> I did this just to get a smoother surface

I'm submitting this pie to Aspiring Bakers #10: Easy as Pie (August 2011) hosted by Janine from Not The Kitchen Sink at this LINK

So glad finally I can participate in this event - I thought I couldn't... cos pie is something I very seldom bake and I do want to try it hands on.... it's indeed not so difficult, only I need to practise more in getting a thinner crust :)

I wish I could make more - following the list I have...I actually ready with all the ingredients for chicken mushroom pie and also wanted to try to bake apple pie and egg taarts...
Oh well, never mind, I will still go ahead with the plan when I''m free - hopefully soon :)



4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...yum yum...menggoda banget pie cokelat and cherry pienya mbak. Pingin bikin jg yg cherry tp di sini gak ada yang jual cherry filling/topping.

    Apa kabarnya mbak? udah kelar pindahannya??
    Senang lihat Mbak Alice udah aktif lagi postingannya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Hes....wah ini chocolate taart resepmu super duper nih...thumbs up! thks ya...
    yg cherry itu jg aku nya aja yg lg pengen cherry, ada blueberry ama strawberry jg sih...aku pake comstock jg kok Hes sama kyk blueberry topping mu...

    udah beres pindahannya Hes dari 2minggu yg ll, tapi trus aku sakit, anak2ku nyusul sakit trus family ku dateng...jadi sibuk trus jadi gak sempet update blog and FB hihih...
    moga2 kali ini bs lancar trus :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh Comstock ada yg cherry yah. Di sini gak ada mbak *jd penasaran ama rasanya* disini cuman ada apel, strobery and blueberry.

    Mbak pindahannya masih di Singapura ya??
    Semoga semuanya udah sehat kembali, semua urusan cepat kelar biar bisa lancar ngeblog lagi dan update teruss...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah aku malah belum pernah liat yg apple tuh Hes hehe..
    ya masih di spore Hes, cuma pindah alamat aja hihi
    makasih ya :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...