Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chocolate Loaf (Bread maker)

Soft, fluffy even til the next day - this loaf was well received by the whole family including the kids
One thing is I wish the chocolate chips could retain their shapes instead of melting and blended together with the bread.. That way would have been more chocolatey in taste...

No chance to take a snap of the whole loaf, DH cut it in hurry of great starvation (read: greediness) before I knew it hohoho...
Anyway, it's for 750g loaf, but it turned out tall, too tall til it's a little flooded out of the bread pan!


The texture was really really soft, in fact this was the softest loaf I've ever made recently!



What you need:
(for 750g loaf)

1 egg, mixed with water to 225ml
100ml fresh milk
450g bread flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2tsp salt
40g caster sugar
25g butter
1 1/2 tsp yeast
100g chocolate chips

Using breadmaker:
Pour in the ingredients into the bread pan in the above order - except chocolate chips
Pour in the chocolate chips when the signal is given by the machine
Choose basic programme for 750g white bread with medium crust
Take the loaf out from the pan as soon as it's finished baking, and leave to cool for 30 - 45mins before cutting
Keep the balance in airtight container or sealed plastic bag

***UPDATE: 6March2016
For those who want to try the 500g loaf, here's the recipe (there's 1kg loaf too!)


29 comments:

  1. hi Ann, thks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resepnya dah aku coba.. Emang empuk! Thanks for sharing ya bu..;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Shanti, thks dah coba dan so happy u like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's indeed very soft. I made mine in the breadmaker using the rapid bake and all the chips 'disappear'. thanks for sharing such a good recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi delia, happened to me too - after out from breadmaker caouldnt find the choco chips hehe...
    texture wise, this loaf is awesome! :)
    thks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried this, with dark choc chunks instead of chips. They didnt totally melt in so I got chocolately bits here and there . Super soft when cooled. Hope its still soft tomorrow morning . Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, i do not have a bread maker. Wonder if u can advise the temp & time to bake in oven? Looks so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, sorry for the late reply
      temp for bread baking as well as timing is all depending on the shaping of the bread itself, sorry I cannot be specific in answering :)

      Delete
  8. I tried and it was v soft and fragrant. Choc chips melted though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alice, tku tku tku sooo much. I bought this mayer mmn12 bread mach n tried their recipe but never once turn out like bread. Either like bricks, too dense or just too holey. So diappointed, abt to keep my new toy into the storeroom. I came across yr recipe n decided to give it a last try on my bday. And wow turn out so successful, soft chocolatey. So proud of myself. Wat a nice gift fr my bday. Tku tku. Bread machine enthu MUST TRY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad u like it shtan :) sorry for the late reply :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Alice , I have mayer MMBM 12 breadmaker . If i wish to bake 500g of choco bread , what is the portion ingredient to use.. Thk U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late reply...
      can please email me so I can email u back the quantity for the 500g loaf, it's in jpeg file :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hi if it's not too much trouble could I have the recipe for 500gm as well? Thanks so much. My email is kirsten.ong@gmail.com

      Delete
    4. Hi. Can email me for 500g too please? My email is lowshulee@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
    5. Shu Lee, it's in the post now :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Alice, can you also email me the recipe for 500g loaf.
    elsatlc@yahoo.com.sg

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi, can i have recipe for 500gms chocolate bread please. my email
    insiyahusain@gmail.com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ! Alice ... since quite number of ppl ask for 500g recipe , maybe u can post on your blog will be better

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Alice,
    can I have the recipe for 500g chocolate bread please. My email is tanlilian99@gmail.com
    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi. Can u pls send me the 500g recipe too pls? Irene.shyeo(at)gmail.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi all, the 500g and also 1kg loaf recipe is up in the post above :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Alice, how much water do I mix with the egg for the 500g loaf? When do I add in the chocolate chips? Do you have any other recipes for the bread maker? I just got 1 & would love to try more variations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina, I ve already posted the measurement for 500g loaf. It's a mixture of water and 1 egg to make 185ml. Yes u may click "breadmaker" in the label category, I have posted a few more :)

      Delete
  18. Thanks Alice! Apologies but the image for the measurement wasn't clear so I just wanted to make sure :) btw when do I add in the chocolate chips?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...